The Mexican vocabulary offers a huge selection of words that can refer to a white person. Mexican Slang can provide complex, creative, and unique ways of referring to white people.
Down below, we will show you a list of Mexican Slang Words for a White Person, their context and meaning, and how to properly use them
A Word of Caution
Mexican slang offers a vast variety of words that can be used to refer to a white person with different meanings and contexts, but some of these words may be quite negative.
Be sure to read thoroughly to prevent misuse and misunderstanding.
Mexican Slang Words for a White Person
- (Noun): A white foreign person, usually from the United States. This term is widely used that even Americans refer to themselves this way when speaking to Mexicans.
- Example: Gringo, you do like to drink lots of tequila every Cinco de Mayo!
- Example: That gringa can be annoying and condescending but I think she means well
- (Noun): A person with light complexion and blond hair.
- Example: Antonio is dating Patty now, a guera he works with. They look good together.
- Example: Guero, you need to try this Mexican place two blocks from here because they have the best tacos.
- A little white boy/girl
- Example: Taking care of this guerito is no small matter, his energy never goes down.
- Example: This guerita takes after her Swedish father.
- (Noun): a somewhat pejorative term that means a pale-skinned person, but can also mean a particular type of bread
- Example: That rich kid is a spoiled bolilo that has never worked under the sun.
Mexican slang provides a unique way of communicating and referring to a white person. Use it well with proper context and attention as some of these may be derogatory in nature.
To learn more, check out our article Top Mexican Slang Words and Phrases.