We use plenty of nouns every day, and we can get confused in the long run, especially when choosing the right ones for a specific subject. But don’t worry; we listed 10 nouns that end in -er for you and hope you can use them in your next conversation.
Nouns That End in ER (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) A person who finds a way to clear misunderstandings and find solutions to problems at hand.
- Example: An absolver would be great right now. We are so confused right now.
- (Noun) A generic term for a professional in banking, finance, and investments.
- Example: Her banker boyfriend takes her travelling around the world.
- (Noun) A person whose job is tu cut men's hair.
- Example: I know I need a haircut, but my barber is out of town and I don't trust anyone else with my hair.
- (Noun) The twelfth month of the year.
- Example: We try to gather as a family every December; it's always fun.
- (Noun) A person who practices the art of calligraphy and is a professional engrosser or copyist.
- Example: I want to be a calligrapher someday so I practice calligraphy in my spare time.
- (Noun) A security system in cars that prevents the car from starting if the key is not inserted.
- Example: You should put an immobilizer in your car for added safety measures.
- (Noun) A person who leads and manages an organization or group of people in a company.
- Example: We are called by our manager for an emergency meeting because they found a problem with our product.
- (Noun) A person whose task is to observe an event and not participate in it.
- Example: You are a great observer. We wouldn’t notice the cheater if it weren’t for you.
- (Noun) An ulcer is an infected and open wound on the skin.
- Example: You should have that ulcer checked out. It should be healed by now.
- (Noun) A person who offers his or her time and services and helps out without asking to be paid.
- Example: I am a volunteer in the children’s hospital’s cancer ward. We go there once a week.