Some people like their faces clean and shaven. Others want to grow a majestic beard to do their face. It is often perceived as a symbol of manliness. Growing and grooming a beard takes time, effort, and in most cases, even genes. While waiting for your awesome beard to grow, why not read on slang words for beard?
Here is a compiled list of slang words related to beards. Enjoy reading!
Slang Words for Beard (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) The dirty and humorous slang for a weak or feeble beard. Known as such because weak beards are similar to the hair present on the butt.
- Example: You should just shave your bumfluff. It looks laughable.
Five O'Clock Shadow
- (Noun) A faint stubble or shadow-like growth appearing in the afternoon on a dude that has not shaved since morning.
- Example: I dig guys with five o’clock shadows. It makes them look mature and smart for me.
- (Noun) Since beards tend to soak up food and drinks when eating, they are also known as “flavor-saver.”
- Example: My flavor-saver almost always gets in the way when I’m eating soup.
- (Noun) Beard is often compared to a lion's mane, hence this slang.
- Example: You can't expect to be taken seriously at an important job interview with that big mane you're wearing.
- (Verb) The slang word for trimming a beard, or any other facial fair, in an exceedingly careful and meticulous manner.
- Example: My favorite actor marquisottes his a beard because it is a big part of his iconic look.
- (Noun) Someone with a white long beard, usually with a stout build.
- Example: Jeremy really is Santa Claus. He just needs the red suit to complete the look.
- (Noun) A thin or underdeveloped beard.
- Example: He was very tall and had some scruff. He kinda looked like Ben Affleck.
- (Noun) A small patch of beard just below the lower lip.
- Example: David Beckham could easily pull off a soul patch.
Strange And Weird
- (Noun) The Cockney Rhyming slang for beard.
- Example: My strange and weird is awfully itchy. Do you know of some ointment I can use?
- (Noun) Named after the hairy Looney Tunes character. This refers to all types of facial hair, especially the beard.
- Example: My taz needs some grooming but barbers can really be expensive in our area.
- (Noun) Beards, especially short spiky ones, can cause a tickling sensation upon physical interaction, hence the slang.
- Example: My wife hates my tickler. She always tries to make me shave it.
- (Verb) To trim the beard in a groomed and orderly manner.
- Example: To make my jaw look bigger, I had to topiarize my beard well.
- (Noun) A beard that is grown for two years straight.
- Example: I was thinking of shaving my tweard. It looks nice but my manager says I should look clean for this new job position.
- (Noun) Similar to tweard, a yeard is a beard grown for just a year.
- Example: My yeard is coming along well. I am really hoping it doesn’t curl around.
- (Noun) The Australian slang for beards.
- Example: My ziff got some itchy bald spots because of an infection but the doctor already prescribed some ointment.