A father is certainly a big enigma. He may be this big, stern, and hard figure that prioritizes discipline or he may also be a goofball that laughs stupidly at weird or awkward pranks.
Here is a list of slang that you may use to call them more affectionately or refer to them humorously.
Slang Words for Father (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) The male counterpart of “baby mama.” It is used for a father who is not in an intimate relationship with the mother of the child. This is an urban slang often used by the mother herself.
- Example: My baby daddy has to take the kids to the dentist because I’ve got a work appointment.
- (Noun) This body is often associated with middle-aged fathers. A dad bod is comprised of a huge beer belly but with a somewhat muscular chest and arms.
- Example: After retiring, Kobe Bryant gained a dad bod in just a year.
- (Noun) A cutesy way of saying “daddy” or “father.” It is often used by babies that can’t speak well yet.
- Example: Dada will bring you your toys if you do not misbehave.
- (Noun) A combination of daddy and dictator. This is used for a strict, severe, and scary father.
- Example: She was forced to do well in her studies by her daddyctator.
- (Noun) A slang term by hipsters and teens during the 1950s. It was used to address their dads or older people.
- Example: Hey, Daddy-o! Can I borrow the car to go run some errands?
- (Noun) The Cockney Rhyming slang for father or husband.
- Example: He is my him indoors. He looks weird but he is very sweet.
- (Noun) Slang for someone’s father. It is a somewhat affectionate term for father in the US.
- Example: My old man would slap me if I get caught skipping school.
- (Noun) This slang comes from the German language. It is used for one’s grandfather.
- Example: Opa likes old western movies with Clint Eastwood. He likes all the gunslinging and horse riding.
- (Noun) Borrowed from Spanish, this slang is used in the US for your father or lover, depending on the context.
- Example: Papi! Bring some KFC because mom wanted some.
- (Noun) A dated slang for your father in the Northern American regions. Comes from the Latin language.
- Example: Your papa would be so proud if he were here today.
- (Noun) A more affectionate and casual slang that is used to refer to one’s father.
- Example: My pops always wanted to have a house near a river.
Pot And Pan
- (Noun) A rhyming slang in the UK and Australia for your “old man.”
- Example: Joe’s pot and pan is a big goofball. He likes pranking his kids.
- (Noun) The male counterpart of a stage mom. This is a father that strictly manages the life and career of their child performer or celebrity. This type of behavior is usually for their own selfish reasons.
- Example: Britney Spears had a stage dad that wanted to take all of her hard-earned money.
- (Noun) Possibly derogatory slang for your stepfather. You can use it affectionately but it can also be used if you do not see that stepfather as a parental figure.
- Example: My stepdude has this vintage Lambo. He doesn’t really want me near it because it’s so expensive.
- (Noun) A father that only sees their kids once a week, usually Sunday, by their own choice.
- Example: I wish my father would spend some more time with me. He is just a Sunday Dad.