Are you wondering what “derp” means in texting? Alright, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Derp Mean in Texting?
In texting “derp” is an exclamation you use as a reply to something stupid someone wrote. It is similar to other interjections like “duh” or “dur”, in a way that it can be a single-word reply to a message you find stupid.
Derp is not that popular nowadays but can still be seen being used online.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Do Everything Ruining People
- Denver Employees Retirement Plan
Examples of Derp in Text Slang
- Lisa – I didn’t know what the capital of the USA is…
- Bart – Derp
- Homer – I think women are dumber than men!
- Greta – Derp
- Michael – I think a workday should last 12 hours!
- Jerry – Derp, that is incredibly stupid.