Do you want to know what “fam” means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Fam Mean in Texting?
In texting, “fam” is an abbreviation of the word “family”. This slang term is used everywhere nowadays, however, it doesn’t need to refer to your family. Basically, your “fam” is everyone that is close to you, so your friends, loved ones, and family.
You use “fam” when talking to someone liberally, because it is used similarly to “dude” or other such words.
This word doesn’t have an alternative meaning.
Examples of Fam in Text Slang
- Bryan – Fam, what are we doing tonight?
- Lucy – not sure, I heard Tom has a party at his place.
- Earl – I’m gonna pick you up at 8 PM, be ready!
- Tori – Thanks fam, not having a car sucks.
- Dwayne – Damn, I’m broke and I need to pay my rent.
- Marge – I got you fam, how much do you need?