Wondering what FOMO means in texting? That’s easy, we know the answer, and you can get it if you read this article!. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does FOMO Mean in Texting?
FOMO is an acronym for “Fear Of Missing Out”. it is a saying that people use when they don’t want to do something but will still do it because they are afraid that they will miss out on the fun.
It is most commonly used in the context of clubbing or parties. Sometimes, people will force themselves to go out with their friends because they have FOMO or fear of missing out.
They are scared that it will be an awesome night and they will miss it!
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Friends Of Music One
- F*cked Over More Often
Examples of FOMO in Text Slang
- Gene – Why did you end up going to that bar last night after all?
- Lucy – I was suffering from a severe case of FOMO!
- Kathy – Ugh, I’m super tired but I have FOMO so I have to go out tonight!
- Frank – You’re crazy, just stay at home.
- Peter – So, you’re coming to Jack’s birthday?
- Dan – Yeah, but only because of FOMO.