Do you want to know what “ghosted” means in texting? Alright, in this article we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Ghosted Mean in Texting?
To be “ghosted” means when someone you’ve been texting with and who you like, suddenly stops texting you back. They disappear like a ghost. They have ghosted you.
This word has gained in popularity with the rise of social media. This is when people started flirting more online, and when they would sometimes disappear. The term “ghosted” was coined then.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Swallowing smoke from weed
- Someone walks by you like you’re not there
Examples of Ghosted in Text Slang
- Andrew – Nina ghosted me.
- Lisa – Wow, when was the last time she replied to your text?
- Jennie – So, what’s up with you and Lucy?
- Bart – Nothing, I ghosted her, realized I didn’t like her.
- Bobby – Why are you ghosting me?
- Kylie – I’m busy, chill out!!!