So, you’re curious about what HMU means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does HMU Mean in Texting?
HMU is an acronym for “hit me up”. It is just an easy way to tell someone they should call you or text you later. HMU is used super commonly nowadays in conversations. It is a simple way of letting someone know they should hit you up.
By using this acronym you can easily get your point across with just three letters. This is why texting can be great.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Hook Me Up
- Help me understand
Examples of HMU in Text Slang
- Mia – HMU when you get home, we need to talk.
- Reggie – Alright.
- Lucy – I can’t wait for Tom to reply to my texts!
- Nina – HMU when he does, I want to see what he says!
- Frank – HMU when you finish that presentation. I’ll look it over.
- Peter – Sure, I’ll be done soon.