Are you wondering what ITYK means in texting? That’s easy, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does ITYK Mean in Texting?
ITYK is an acronym for “I thought you knew”. It is a common phrase we use when someone mentions something they found out about, but you already knew about it. You use ITYk to tell them that you weren’t aware that they didn’t know about this, and you were certain they already knew.
It is a fairly specific acronym but in general, it can see plenty of use. It is also a long phrase, so ITYK shortens it quite a bit.
This acronym doesn’t have alternative meanings.
Examples of ITYK in Text Slang
- Bobby – did you hear the news? Tom’s mom died…
- Brie – Yeah, I heard about it last night, ITYK already.
- Thomas – Can’t believe Drake is performing in our city tonight and I had no idea!
- Emily – Oh wow, I could have gotten us tickets, ITYK about it but weren’t interested.
- Aaron – Why didn’t anyone tell me we have an exam tomorrow?
- Susan – ITYK, we talked about it in the group chat.