Are you wondering what ^ means in texting? Good thing you’re here because we will provide you with the answer to that question. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does ^ Mean in Texting?
The ^ symbol means that you are agreeing with the message above you. This originated on Internet message boards where people would type it to show that they agree with the post above theirs. Nowadays, you can use it in group chats as a sign of agreement with someone’s statement. The arrow is pointing upwards to that message and it means that no words are needed, you simply agree with it.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- An eye in an emoticon ^_^
- Denotes a sarcastic remark
Examples of ^ in Text Slang
- Remy – So all I am saying is that it was a really bad movie.
- Axel – ^
- James – Can’t believe he didn’t treat us to dinner, we really deserved it after everything!
- Ken – ^
- Roger – I don’t think you two should continue seeing each other…
Roseanne – ^