Are you wondering what / means in texting? Well, in this article we will provide you with the answer. You just have to read on to get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does / Mean in Texting?
The symbol / (forward slash) is used in texting instead of the word “or”. By using this symbol you are representing a choice between two things, and where you would normally type “or”, you just place /.
Using a symbol can be more effective and also easier to type in a rush, which is always helpful.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- The link between two characters
- Nothing, used when you don’t know what to say
Examples of / in Text Slang
- Julia – So, what do you think, blue/white?
- Ginny – I think I prefer blue.
- Blair – So what are we doing tonight?
- Ron – You choose, movies/the bar?
- Harry – What do you want to do after college?
- Patrice – To be honest I want to be a singer/actor.