Are you wondering what OTP means in texting? Not a problem, we can answer that for you easily. All you need to do is read this article. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does OTP Mean in Texting?
OTP is an acronym for “on the phone”. It’s simple, really. In texting, you use it to reply quickly to someone that keeps sending you messages even though you’re on a voice call.
By sending that you’re OTP, you’re letting the other person know why you can’t reply to their texts. Nowadays, people want to get replies quickly, so if you don’t explain why you couldn’t reply, they might get mad. OTP makes life easier because it is easy to type and you don’t waste time.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- One True Pairing
- One Time Password
- Off-Topic Post
Examples of OTP in Text Slang
- Bobby – hey, I sent you a picture, please check it out!
- Julianne – Can’t right now, OTP
- Kelly – Why aren’t you replying to my texts? Hello!
- Tia – I’m OTP, wait.
- Kevin – Can you please send me the link to that website?
- Jason – Later, OTP right now.