If you don’t live under a rock, then you’ve come across the word “ping” even once in your life. But, we get that it’s not easy to pick up terms and slang, especially if there’s a new one every day. So, let’s talk about ping, and we’ll provide you with examples to help you understand how to use it.
What does ping Mean in Gaming?
The word ping is a delay of signals between the player and the server. Even if you have the fastest internet connection, sometimes you can’t avoid a ping, especially when you have too much going on at the same time. In gaming, a ping can also mean lag, which is a form of delay. The slightest ping can affect the entire game.
- There are no alternative meanings for ping.
Examples of ping in Gaming Slang
- Shooter 1 – What the?! I missed it because I lagged!
- Shooter 2 – Your ping must be high.
- Ethan – I only have less than 10 ping.
- Fred – Nice!
- Mace – Why are you so slow? Can you check your ping?
- David – Oh, no. It’s high!