We gathered the top 15 words that mean “beautiful” in Spanish. This way, you’ll know when someone is giving you a compliment and the right words to use if you want to compliment them too! Therefore, let’s get to know the words we have below!
Words That Mean Beautiful in Spanish (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Adjective) The Spanish word for “attractive” is atractivo. An attractive person is someone who has appealing features.
- Example: Anoche conocí a un chico atractivo y nos llevamos bien de inmediato.
- English: I met an attractive guy last night, and we hit it off right away.
- (Adjective) Another Spanish word for a beautiful or lovely person, thing, or place is bello.
- Example: Tu vestido es realmente bello. ¡Te queda perfecto!
- English: Your dress is really beautiful. It suits you perfectly!
- (Noun) A bombón is a type of chocolate. The name is used as a term of endearment for a beautiful person with a sweet personality. This word is a popular term of endearment in Spanish countries that means “sweet like chocolate.”
- Example: Hola, bombón. Estoy tan feliz de estar en casa contigo de nuevo.
- English: Hello, my sweet. I am so happy to be home with you again.
- (Adjective) Bonito is a Spanish term for someone or something “nice.” It is used as another word for “beautiful.”
- Example: Estás muy bonito. Espero que aceptes salir conmigo alguna vez.
- English: You’ve very pretty. I hope you agree to go out with me sometime.
- (Adjective) Buena is the Spanish word for “good.” Good is a positive word that is associated with beauty.
- Example: Tienes un buena corazón y eso te hace hermosa.
- English: You have a good heart, and that makes you beautiful.
Estar Como un Queso
- (Phrase) The phrase “Estar como un queso” is Spanish slang that means “like a cheese.” In Spain, when they say you’re like cheese, they mean that you are attractive or hot.
- Example: Chica, eres como un queso. Me atraes mucho.
- English: Girl, you’re like cheese. I’m very much attracted to you.
- (Adjective) Guapa is another Spanish word that means ”lovely” or “beautiful.”
- Example: Eres tan guapa por dentro y por fuera, y no puedo esperar a llamarte mi esposa.
- English: You are so beautiful inside and out, and I can’t wait to call you my wife.
- (Adjective) Hermosa is another word for beautiful in Spanish.
- Example: ¿Dónde está tu hermosa amiga? Pensé que ustedes dos estaban saliendo.
- English: Where is your beautiful friend? I thought you two were dating.
- (Adjective) Lindo is a Spanish word that translates to “pretty” or “cute.”
- Example: Tu atuendo es lindo. ¡te ves bien!
- English: Your outfit is cute. You look good!
- (Adjective) The Spanish word “maciza” originally means “solid.” But, it became a colloquial Spanish slang for a person that’s beautiful or hot.
- Example: Ella es la chica maciza de la que te he estado hablando.
- English: She’s the hot girl I’ve been telling you about.
- (Adjective) Mono is a Spanish word that means “cute.”
- Example: Conocí a una mono chica con los mismos intereses que yo y creo que ya me gusta.
- English: I met a cute girl with the same interests as me, and I think I like her already.
- (Adjective) Preciosa is the Spanish translation for “precious.” In the Spanish language, preciosa is synonymous with beautiful.
- Example: Mi hija es preciosa para nosotros, así que ni se te ocurra romperle el corazón.
- English: My daughter is precious to us, so don’t even think about breaking her heart.
- (Adjective) Radiant can be translated to radiante in Spanish. A beautiful girl radiates and glows from within.
- Example: Estás más radiante que nunca, mi amor.
- English: You’re more radiant than ever, my love.
- (Adjective) The word Rica means rich in Spanish. It is also used to describe delicious food which is rich in flavor. But, it has become a Spanish term for someone cute or lovely.
- Example: Tu hermana esta rica. ¿Debería invitarla a salir?
- English: Your sister is cute. Should I ask her out?
- (Adjective) The word sexy comes from the English language and is used as Spanish slang for a hot or attractive person. Some people use the sexy with an I to indicate that they are using slang.
- Example: El chico con el que hablaste hace un momento es muy sexy. ¿Te dio su número?
- English: The guy you talked to just now is very sexy. Did he give you his number?