This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Naming a child is one of the most significant decisions that parents make. It is a step that sets the tone for a child’s life. Choosing a name that stands out from the crowd can be a daunting task. If you are looking for a unique and distinguished name, why not consider names like Littleton? Here are some boy, girl, and unisex names like Littleton that may inspire you.
Boy Names Like Littleton
If you like the name Littleton, you may be interested in the following boy names that have a similar feel.
- Hamilton: This name conveys strength and prestige. It has a similar ring to Littleton.
- Winslow: This name is unique and has a similar cadence to Littleton. It means “hill belonging to the friend” and is of English origin.
- Wellington: This distinguished name brings to mind a sophisticated and well-traveled individual. It is similar to Littleton in both sound and feel.
Another name that has a similar feel to Littleton is Harrington. This name is of English origin and means “estate on the hill”. It has a similar sound and cadence to Littleton and also conveys a sense of sophistication and refinement.
Girl Names Like Littleton
If you are looking for girl names that are similar to Littleton, consider the following:
- Ellington: This name has a unique touch of class and sophistication, similar to Littleton. It means “Ella’s town” and is of English origin.
- Bridgeton: This name has a Celtic origin and means “settlement near the bridge.” It has a similar feel and rhythm to Littleton.
- Charlton: This name has a sophisticated ring to it, like Littleton. It is of Old English origin, meaning “settlement of free men.”
Another name to consider is Middleton. This name has a similar sound to Littleton and is of Old English origin, meaning “middle town.” It also has a classic and timeless feel, like Littleton.
Unisex Names Like Littleton
Here are some unisex names that have a similar feel to Littleton:
- Ashton: A name that means “ash tree town,” Ashton has a subtle elegance and is similar to Littleton in its uniqueness.
- Milton: This name has a soft, charming sound that could work as a unisex name. Its meaning is “settlement by the mill.”
- Langton: This name has a pleasant ring to it and works well for both boys and girls. Its meaning is “long town.”
Another unisex name that has a similar feel to Littleton is Avery. This name has been gaining popularity in recent years and means “ruler of the elves.”
For a more nature-inspired name, consider Rowan. This name has Celtic origins and means “little red one.” It can work well for both boys and girls and has a similar unique quality to Littleton.
Unique Names Like Littleton
If you are looking for a name that stands out, consider these unique options that are similar to Littleton:
- Graydon: This name has a modern feel and means “son of the gray-haired one.” It has a similar cadence to Littleton.
- Dalton: This name has a unique character and means “valley town.” It has a similar rhythm to Littleton, too.
- Evington: A name that is not very common, Evington means “settlement of Eofa’s people.” It has a similar feel to Littleton.
Another unique name option that is similar to Littleton is Ellington. This name means “Ellis’s town” and has a similar sound to Littleton.
If you are looking for a name with a nature-inspired meaning, you might consider the name Leighton. This name means “meadow town” and has a similar rhythm to Littleton.
Long Names Like Littleton
Looking for a lengthier name? Consider these options that have a similar sound to Littleton:
- Charleston: A sophisticated name that means “settlement of free men,” Charleston has a similar cadence to Littleton.
- Remington: This name has a modern feel and means “place on a riverbank.” It has a similar rhythm to Littleton, too.
- Arlington: This name has a dignified air and means “settlement of the people of Earl.” It is similar in both sound and feel to Littleton.
If you prefer a name with a historical significance, you may want to consider Lexington. This name means “town of the people of Laxton” and has a similar length and rhythm to Littleton. It is also the name of a famous battle site in the American Revolution.
Short Names Like Littleton
If you prefer shorter names, consider these options that have a similar feel to Littleton:
- Lyle: This name has a subtle elegance and means “island.” It has a similar cadence to Littleton.
- Dane: This name has a simple charm and means “from Denmark.” It has a similar rhythm to Littleton, too.
- Nash: This name has a modern sound and means “by the ash tree.” It is similar in both sound and feel to Littleton.
It’s important to note that while shorter names may have a similar feel to Littleton, they may not have the same historical or cultural significance. Littleton, for example, is a town in New Hampshire with a rich history dating back to the 1700s. When choosing a name, it’s important to consider not only the sound and feel, but also the meaning and significance behind it.
Littleton in Other Languages
Are you interested in exploring Littleton in other languages? Here are some examples:
- Petitot: This French name has a similar sound to Littleton. It means “little one.”
- Inoke: This Tongan name has a similar rhythm to Littleton and means “little drum.”
- Mikko: A Finnish name that could work well for a boy, Mikko means “little.” It has a similar feel to Littleton.
Littleton is a town located in the state of Colorado in the United States. It was founded in 1890 and has a population of approximately 45,000 people. The town is known for its beautiful parks, hiking trails, and historic downtown area. Littleton is also home to several museums, including the Littleton Museum, which showcases the town’s history and culture. Visitors can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities in Littleton, such as biking, fishing, and skiing in the nearby mountains.
Where Did the Name Littleton Come From?
The name Littleton has an Old English origin and means “little town.” It was a common surname in England in the medieval period and was used as a place-name for several towns in England and the United States.
Now that you have an idea of some names like Littleton, you can begin to explore further and find the perfect name that is both unique and meaningful for your child.
Littleton is also the name of a town in Colorado, USA. The town was named after Richard Sullivan Little, who was an engineer and surveyor for the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad. Littleton, Colorado is known for its historic downtown area, which features many shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
In addition to being a surname and a place-name, Littleton is also a popular given name for boys. It has been steadily increasing in popularity in recent years, and is often chosen for its unique and charming sound.