Are you trying to find a new way to refer to a girl you’ve just met, or one you’ve known for awhile? New York slang might be one of the most unique ways to speak.
There are hundreds – if not thousands – of New York slang words, with new ones being added constantly. If you’re looking for a way to refer to a girl, then you’ve got options in New York slang.
In this post, we’ll be showing you New York slang words for a girl, as well as the proper way to use them.
Make Sure You Pay Attention to the Definitions…
New York slang is incredibly versatile. All the words on this list are specifically intended to describe a woman, but not all of them are positive.
Basically, don’t just take any word from this list and refer to a girl you know with it. Some of these words are insulting. Make sure you pay close attention to the definition and example so you can be sure you use each word correctly.
New York Slang Words for a Girl
- (Noun): A trashy woman who sleeps with or hangs around many men insincerely.
- Example: “My brother is thirsty for this girl, but she’s a baba.”
- (Noun): A good-looking woman.
- Example: “I saw a dime piece at the bar last night. Wish I’d gotten her number.”
- (Noun): A low-class or promiscuous woman.
- Example: “My cousin’s girlfriend is a real ratchet.”
- (Noun): A beautiful woman. Usually used affectionately.
- Example: “Shorty, let’s link later.”
- (Noun): Another way of referring to a promiscuous woman.
- Example: “Stay away from her. She’s a treesh.”
- (Noun): Short for “sister.” You can use it to refer to just about any woman casually.
- Example: “You’re looking mad fire today, sis.”
- (Noun): It’s a combination of the words “classy” and “rachet.” You can use it to refer to a trashier woman who likes to pretend she’s classier than she is, or a woman who embraces both trashy and classy elements in her personality.
- Example: “That treesh thinks she’s classy, but she’s really just a basic ratchet.”
There you have it – a list of words you can use to describe some of the women in your life. Just make sure you use the right words so you don’t end up wrongfully insulting them.
If you’re looking for more New York slang to use for the situations in your daily life, be sure to take a look at our ultimate New York slang guide.