X is a complicated letter, for there are only a few words that begin with this letter. But, is it the same for nouns that end with X? If you are curious about these words, you can check out our top 10 nouns that end with X below.
Nouns That End with X (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) A group of letters that can be found on either the beginning or end of aword that modifies the root word's meaning (i.e. prefix or suffix).
- Example: English doesn't have too many affixes, so it's quite easy to learn word conjugations.
- (Noun) An expansion of a building.
- Example: As you can see, the building has a brand new annex which holds double the people.
- (Noun) A cross with Christ’s image that is used for religious purposes.
- Example: The placement of the crucifix should be centered or it won’t look as nice.
- (Noun) A certain date and time where the sun crosses the celestial equator and the length of day and night are exactly the same.
- Example: I heard that there will be more than one equinox happening this year.
- (Noun) A thing that is spiral in shape or form.
- Example: Do you like this helix earrings?
- (Noun) Arrival of large quantities of people or things.
- Example: After France, Spain is the country that receives the highest influx of visitors every year.
- (Noun) A stretchy liquid made with starch that can be found in plants.
- Example: What should we do to all the latex produced by the plant?
- (Noun) A woman who is sexually attractive, and often causes trouble.
- Example: Why are you acting like a minx when you are in a relationship?
- (Noun) A word or a letter that is placed before another word or letter that modifies its meaning.
- Example: Approved is a word on its own; add the prefix pre and it means being approved even before the process starts.
- (Noun) A mixture of butter and flour that is used to thicken liquids into sauces.
- Example: Make a brown roux to darken the color of the gravy.