Do you just sometimes find yourself losing focus or getting detached because something is just too boring? Getting bored is one of the worst feelings you can experience because you don’t get anything, you waste time, and you wish you were just doing something else. Boredom frequently enters our lives and we just have to deal with it. Maybe try reading this list of slang words for boring may help you fight boredom. Enjoy reading!
Slang Words for Boring (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) An acronym for “Boring Old Fart.” Used mainly in the UK and the US. It is used for dull old people.
- Example: My grandpa isn’t a BOF. We would go hunting and camping in the woods.
- (Noun) A slang of Filipino or Tagalog origins. It was first used for mountains or rural areas but it became widely associated with places that are boring or without any excitement.
- Example: The annual carnival has become just another boondocks. Maybe it’s because we’ve grown up.
- (Noun) An altered version of “boondocks.” Any place that is “in the middle of nowhere” or no fun at all.
- Example: I hate going to children’s birthday parties. It’s all boonies with loud crying kids.
- (Noun) Something disappointing or unpleasant. Comes from the German word “brummein” which is used for mindless wandering or strolling.
- Example: The spaghetti was a big bummer. They lost the original recipe so it’s no longer the same.
- (Adjective) Boring, without pleasure, dull, or just disappointing.
- Example: The event was bunk because they pulled out the best bands.
- (Adjective) Normally, this is used for something that is lacking moisture but it can also be used to describe something that is lacking or does not produce any satisfaction.
- Example: The party started to get dry so we left as fast as we could.
- (Noun) A combination of dull and village. This slang is simply used to refer to places that are monotonous or boring.
- Example: My hometown was such a dullsville until the new mayor started improving it.
- (Noun) Someone who takes away the fun of something or just sucks the fun out of everything, thus making them boring.
- Example: Marcus is a fun sponge. All he cares about is the rules.
- (Adjective) This slang refers to something very dull or without any “spice.”
- Example: I was expecting something exciting for our anniversary but it was all humdrum.
Like Watching Paint Dry
- (Expression) A slang or expression that is somewhat sarcastic. It may be used to describe something as lacking any fun, thrill, or excitement.
- Example: Filling out paperwork is very exciting. It is like watching paint dry.
- (Expression) Short for more of the same, referencing that something is boringly just the same or without any changes.
- Example: The new principal is mots. He doesn’t listen to students and lacks any exciting ideas.
- (Noun) An event that makes you fall asleep because it is too boring.
- Example: Your birthday party was a snoozefest. We need to make up for that.
- (Noun) A vulgar placeholding slang for any location or place far away from anything interesting
- Example: Las Vegas was a twittlefuck desert. It was only because of the erection of casinos that the city gained some life.
Upper Robot Boot
- (Noun) Another placeholder for somewhere that is unhip.
- Example: He lives in Upper Robot Boot, Arizona. Nothing ever happens there.
- (Noun) A person that spoils or ruins the fun.
- Example: Quit being such a wet blanket! You have the chance to be cool for once.