The clitoris might seem like a dirty, sensitive, or even vulgar topic to be discussed but in reality, there is nothing wrong with it. Sex is an important topic amongst age-appropriate people. The clitoris plays an important role in a woman' sexual experience, as well as reproduction. Hence, we believe that discussing the slang words for the clitoris adds a little more to the discussion and may even help lessen the stigma regarding it.
Slang Words for Clitoris (in Alphabetical Order)
Bald Man In A Boat
- (Noun) One of the more prominent slang phrases for the clitoris. It is a euphemistic one that is used often in sex ed classes.
- Example: The bald man in a boat is located just above the female genitalia.
- (Noun) Since the clitoris looks similar to a small bean, some people have decided to call it such.
- Example: The bean is very sensitive and causes the activation of the sensory cortex and the release of hormones.
- (Noun) An abbreviated version of the clitoris. This is probably the most famous slang for it. Be careful as some find this slang vulgar.
- Example: The stimulation of the clit is often crucial and allows the brain to release endorphin and dopamine.
- (Noun) Conservatives and traditional people tend to despise the clitoris as they believe that it promoted female promiscuity (duh!). This slang was often used to discourage sexual activity that involved the clitoris.
- Example: Catholic schools often punish any form of discussion regarding the devil’s doorbell.
- (Noun) Another euphemistic slang for the clitoris and comes from the fact that heightened pleasure is attained with the clitoris in sexual intercourse.
- Example: The female’s happy button is actually prone to friction and damage. That is why the body has made some physical changes to protect it.
- (Noun) The clitoris is covered by a “hood” to protect it from any form of damage like rubbing or trauma. And so, the term “hooded lady” was born.
- Example: Women find that not being able to find the hooded lady is a deal-breaker.
- (Noun) Some people glorify the clitoris due to its importance in sexual activities. This is why the word “jewel” is used as slang for it.
- Example: My doctor emphasizes the importance of cleaning the jewel as it is also prone to infections.
- (Noun) “Knob” is also used for the clitoris since it looks like a tiny knob on the body.
- Example: Sex education often includes a thorough discussion of the knob.
- (Noun) A foreign slang for the clitoris coming from the Sardinian language. It means “little tongue” and is pretty self-explanatory.
- Example: My limbeddha has been giving me a stinging sensation for a few days now. Maybe I should see an OB-GYN.
- (Noun) Since the clitoris is very important in the act of “love-making.”
- Example: Men should be gentler with their partner's love button.
- (Noun) Buds are tiny growths that are bulb-shaped. Lovebud comes from that concept and is a euphemistic slang for the clitoris.
- Example: Some have large lovebuds while some have smaller ones. The size difference is pretty normal.
- (Noun) Since the slang for the female genitalia is “oyster” during the 17th century and oysters have pearls, the clitoris has also been nicknamed as “pearl” because of that and their similarities in shape.
- Example: Do not be scared to ask about the pearl. Be an adult.
- (Noun) Another euphemistic slang for the clitoris comes from the candy brand. Often used when children are around.
- Example: The skittle is structurally similar to the glans of the male sex organ.
- (Noun) Another candy that is oval-shaped and sweet and is used to substitute the word “clitoris.”
- Example: The sugar plum sends signals of stimulation to the brain that allows the female genitalia to be ready for copulation.
- (Noun) The sweet spot is often used to describe a location that is just perfect. Since the clitoris is needed for sweet and joyous coitus, it is described as the “sweet spot” for females.
- Example: More often than not, the sweet spot is disregarded as a leftover from our evolutionary processes by traditional scientists.