Our hair is an important part of our physical appearance. A good haircut could translate to better confidence, a cleaner look, and a more attractive appearance. In some cultures, there's a whole tradition and ceremony around getting a haircut.
Here is a list of slang words for haircuts that we compiled for you. Enjoy.
Slang Words for Haircut (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) A general slang for large hairstyles. This slang is also used for the big, usually spherical, hairstyles of African Americans. Also known as “fro.”
- Example: I'd love to get an afro, but maintaining it must cost a lot of shampoo and conditioner.
- (Noun) Hair that gets messed up due to sleeping.
- Example: Styling my hair before going to bed is a mistake. I always get a nasty case of bed head.
- (Noun) The Cockney Rhyming slang for a haircut.
- Example: You should get a refund from the barber because that chicker is so hideous.
- (Noun) A Northern American slang that is short for a coiffure. It is usually used for a person with an elaborate hairstyle.
- Example: Royalty often preferred coifs because it was a symbol of power and wealth.
- (Noun) A slang phrase for a popular type of men’s hairstyle. It refers to hairstyles that have the sides “faded” while the top is a little longer.
- Example: Ryan Reynold’s crew cut is pretty sick. I wonder who his stylist is?
- (Noun) Could also be used as a hairdo. This slang was popularized in the 1940s and it simply refers to one’s haircut or hairstyle.
- Example: Jackie’s do was pretty popular but it was very expensive.
- (Noun) This refers to someone’s long hair. Be careful as this slang can also be used in a vulgar manner referring to a woman’s private area.
- Example: Particular religious groups require their members to wear drapes.
- (Noun) Derogatory slang for a haircut that seems to be common with “alt-right” or fascist people.
- Example: You look horrible and scary with that fashy do. You should just shave it off.
- (Noun) A female mullet.
- Example: My mom had a terrible femullet during her teens.
- (Noun) An offensive slang for any ugly haircut. It was first used for haircuts that made you look like you had a helmet on.
- Example: My dad made me go with a helmet. His style is just so bad.
- (Noun) Refers to dreadlocks.
- Example: My favorite wrestler has locks, which he wears while fighting.
- (Noun) This slang is used to describe the ugly or questionable haircuts that old people get.
- Example: We had a good laugh when this grandpa with oldilocks was jogging.
- (Noun) Short for permanent wave. A haircut, often done in a salon, that makes your hair curly and wavey. It is usually for men.
- Example: Zack got a new do today. He looks cute in a perm.
- (Noun) Any haircut that is based on an anime character’s ridiculous hairstyle. It might be characterized by weird spikes and length.
- Example: Being an otaku in his teens, he tried a sasuke for a month.
- (Noun) A mullet but with the top shaved or balding.
- Example: I believe that Benjamin Franklin had a skullet in his later years.