Nobody wants to be called “lame.” Being lame means that you are boring, disappointing, or just plain uninteresting. For this reason, we all strive to be cool and hip, especially by today’s standards.
Here are the slang words related to being lame. Enjoy reading!
Slang Words for Lame (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Adjective) This slang implies that someone or something is lame or boring enough to make you sleep.
- Example: The event prepared by the school was a snore. They didn’t go through with the competitions.
- (Adjective) When something or someone is basic, it means that they are just plain, lame, or unoriginal.
- Example: Your outfit is too basic. You need to spice up your wardrobe.
- (Adjective) Northern American slang for something that is uninteresting or without meaning. It comes from the silly or nonsense filler for some chatter.
- Example: Our vacation was blah. We just stayed inside the hotel for two weeks.
- (Noun) A vulgar way of saying “lame.” It comes from the foul slang “crap” which means bad quality or poop.
- Example: You don’t have to be crappy. Just let the kids enjoy some of their free time.
- (Expression) Short for “Cool Story, Bro.” A sarcastic response to some statements that you find lame or unappealing.
- Example: CSB! Why don’t you find someone else to bother?
- (Adjective) Another slang for lame, uneventful, or uninspiring.
- Example: The supposedly exciting final game was dead because of the injured stars.
- (Noun) It is a slang term for an event in which the results are already settled or decided. This makes watching the event meaningless, boring, and lame.
- Example: With their roster on the court, it was all dead rubber. I just waited for the off-season.
- (Adjective) It means that an action or event is difficult, tedious, boring, or just plain tiresome. It comes from the phrase “dragging one’s feet.”
- Example: Studying is such a drag but I recognize its importance.
- (Adjective) “Potato” is slang for someone who is dull and lame. It comes from the fact that potatoes are staples that seems to lack any flavor.
- Example: Gabriel is such a potato. He doesn’t like to do anything that’s exciting or fun.
- (Noun) Something slow, makes you fall asleep, lame, or unimportant.
- Example: The lecture from one of our professors is a snooze. He basically just reads the stuff in the presentation.
- (Adjective) Since a square is a basic and boring shape, especially for kids, some use it to describe someone who is boring or lame.
- Example: Don’t invite Jackson to the party. He is a big square. He will ruin the flow and mood.
- (Adjective) Northern American slang for a lame, inflexible, and monotonous person. This originates from the fact that “stiff” was also used for dead bodies.
- Example: Our teacher was very stiff. It would be faster to count the people who didn’t sleep in her class.
- (Noun) First used in 1984. It means that something is unconventional or not up to par. It can also mean that it is of lousy or lame quality.
- Example: The authentic metal artwork that I commissioned was very wack. I was expecting something grand.
- (Noun) A slang used by the kids today. Children use to shout this as a response to something they dislike or find lame.
- Example: Marvel is weak. DC Comics is still number one.
- (Noun) A somewhat offensive slang similar to potato since white bread is also a staple food that lacks any spice or flavor. It is commonly used for boring white people.
- Example: Don’t be white bread, Shawn. This might be our last shot to do something memorable while in high school.