We know them as our father, husband, boyfriend, brother, or simply, a good male friend. Did you know there were plenty of slang words to refer to men?
Buckle up and read to find out what they are. Here you go:
Slang Words for Men (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) Short for “boy.” It is a term of endearment amongst male friends.
- Example: Hey, B! You up for some beer next Tuesday?
- (Noun) Men who have strong charisma and attractive physical features that make them attractive to ladies.
- Example: Tony is a certified babe magnet. He has this certain sophistication that many women find irresistible.
- (Noun) This slang word comes from the Baldwin acting family. It is used for men who are very handsome.
- Example: Dom always says he is a baldwin. I guess he is somewhat delusional.
- (Noun) The opposite of a Baldwin. Barney is used for men who are not attractive and are dull.
- Example: It’s a surprise that Rico has a super attractive and successful girlfriend. I mean he is a barney so I just don’t get it.
- (Noun) A derogatory and offensive slang phrase for men who are despicable. The original meaning of bastard is a son who is illegitimate.
- Example: Zuko was a huge bastard for betraying his uncle who raised him.
- (Noun) A British slang for any common man. However, in the other parts of the world, a bloke is a fool.
- Example: Jake is just like any other bloke. He likes sports and video games.
- (Noun) A friendly slang for men who are friends or buddies.
- Example: Yow, Bro! You should’ve seen the game last night. Dave scored a buzzer-beater.
- (Noun) A handsome man who is a womanizer and has many affairs.
- Example: James Bond might be considered a casanova because of his dashing looks and passion for women.
- (Noun) A general slang for men, acquaintances or strangers. It is very much used in the UK.
- Example: Hey, chap. Could you lend me your seat? My legs are killing me.
- (Noun) A dude who is mesmerizing and the dream man of many.
- Example: Grandma said Elvis was a dreamboat and she would have done anything to attend his concerts.
- (Noun) An urban slang for male friends, usually young or the same age as you.
- Example: My home boy could fix a car in no time. He just needs the tools to do it.
- (Noun) A slang term for a man whom you are not familiar with.
- Example: Hey, mac! You forgot your wallet at the counter.
- (Noun) A very famous Australian slang that is often used as a term of endearment for your male friends. However, it can also be used for strangers whom you want to be friendly with.
- Example: Zack, my mate! You’ve made it to my wedding. I thought you missed the flight.
- (Noun) Acts similarly to dreamboat. This slang term is akin to an order from McDonald’s
- Example: Jacob from twilight is a McDreamy. I mean did you see his abs?!
- (Noun) The Cockney Rhyming slang for men.
- Example: The omi went out for hunting season to prepare for the winter.