Nails are the tough materials found at the tip of your fingers and toes. Because of how different they are than the rest of your body, they deserve due maintenance and even eye-catching aesthetics. Clean, color, and don't forget to use the slang words below in reference to nails.
Slang Words for Nails (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Adjective) A pointy yet curvy nail of animals.
- Example: The eagles' sharp claws scratched the tree branch it was sitting on.
- (Adjective) Nails that are cut for hygienic purposes.
- Example: The kindergarten teacher regularly inspects clipped nails because unclipped ones can make the children wound each other.
- (Noun) A cleaning treatment for dead nail and skin layers by having little fish gnaw on them.
- Example: The ladies spent an hour on the spa’s fishicure.
- (Noun) A nail style of evening out the tips and enhancing natural colors.
- Example: Diana doesn’t want anything flashy for her fingernails. She just wants to have a French tip.
- (Noun) A portmanteau of ghetto and pedicure, this is a slang term for nail art.
- Example: Leslie got her ghetticure from the famous nail salon.
- (Noun) The growth into a soft flesh of a nail’s brnk.
- Example:Gerard’s ingrown hurt them this much so.he had it professionally removed.
- (Noun) The material that makes one’s nails hard.
- Example: Mike’s easily chipped nails makes him worry of his keratin levels.
- (Adjective) A nail shape cut to the form of a lipstick.
- Example: Chloe’s lipstick nails are scary.
- (Noun) A rhyming slang for “manicure and pedicure”.
- Example: MIdge treated the girls to mani-pedi sessions.
- (Verb) A popular slang for getting or making something on point.
- Example: Ashley nailed it when he could sing all the high tones.
- (Noun) The medical condition for nail-biting.
- Example: Onychophagy can be a symptom of PTSD.
- (Noun) A humorous slang for combining the words “pedicure” and “bling” together. Pedibling is to end up with costly and eye-demanding nails.
- Example: Even without my aunt knowing, her pedibling made her whole outfit expensive.
- (Noun) The crab-like hands.
- Example: The crab’s pincers were elegantly plated on the restaurant dish.
- (Noun) A portmanteau of “square” and “oval”, squoval is a popular shape among nail enthusiasts.
- Example: All the squad members asked for squoval nails to commemorate their friendship.
- (Adjective) Incredibly long and sharp nails.
- Example: Female rappers are often seen with fake stiletto nails for big music events.