To be nice is to be pleasant to the senses and to socially agreed proprieties. Generally agreeable, nice people and things deserve your appreciation when you lovingly use the following slang phrases for them.
Slang Words for Nice (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Adjective) An Australian slang for anything nice.
- Example: That belter performance has a lot of death defying stunts.
- (Noun) A Scottish slang for a nice woman.
- Example: The bonny lass gave the beggar a piece of bread.
- (Adjective) A French slang for a social requirement.
- Example: It’s de rigueur for the families of the groom and bride to meet each other before the wedding.
Fine and Dandy
- (Expression) A British slang for appraising something nice.
- Example: Going to college is fine and dandy. Working to earn is also fine. Just do you.
- (Adjective) A nice person with a non-offensive sense of humor.
- Example: Mother is looking forward to meet my good-humored British friend.
Goody Two Shoes
- (Noun) Someone who always does and says the good things to the point of endangering other people or one's self.
- Example: The goody two shoes threw us under bus during cross-examination.
- (Adverb) A nice and delicate manner of doing things.
- Example: The exciting final shot hit a hairsplitting bull’s eye on the target.
- (Noun) Possibly with Bible origins, a “Jonathan” is a man of good appearance, nice demeanor, and appealing charisma.
- Example: Adam totally pulled a Jonathan on you when he held his hand out so you won’t step on the puddle.
- (Adjective) A nice person who is very familiar with social etiquette.
- Example: Gabriel is a mild-mannered boy who helps the elderly cross the street.
Nice as Pie
- (Expression) A rhyming slang for someone who is as good as a well-done pie.
- Example: 5 year old Tina showed her Mom all her earned stickers. Isn’t she nice as pie?
- (Noun) A slang term that stands for “Nice Jewish Girl”.
- Example: Ava may be an NJG by day but she’s a rock star by night.
- (Adjective) A humorous slang for nice popularized by an American TV show.
Person 1: Look, someone left an unopened cup of coffee.
Person 2: Noice.
- (Adjective) A nice and affectionate person who wears their hearts on their sleeves.
- Example: The soft-hearted lady feeds the stray cat every afternoon.
- (Noun) A nice person who shares their blessings with others.
- Example: The soft-hearted man chose to donate to a charity for breast cancer.
Without a Cloud in the Sky
- (Adjective) A nice day or weather.
- Example: Without a cloud in the sky, it’s a good time to have a picnic.