In an age of reduced attention spans, anything that steals a look cements a lasting impression. Your outfits help a lot in these minute interactions. They speak volumes about you. Here are some slang words we have collected for outfit.
Slang Words for Outfit (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) Also “alfit”, alphet is a GenZ slang used on the social media site, “TikTok” that stands for “alternative outfit”. Using themes or scenario pitches, users can show how they would dress.
- Example: “What would I wear” videos that show ingenious alphets really spark the creativity for design in the young generation.
- (Noun) An Australian slang for swimming suits.
- Example: Hayley did not know we were dropping by the beach so she quickly bought a pair of bathers from the convenience store.
- (Noun) An outfit of full-on denim. It was popularized in the 50s when an American singer was refused entry in a Canadian hotel for wearing denim all over.
- Example: Craig went to the cowboy-themed party in a Canadian tuxedo: denim jeans, shirt, and jacket.
- (Noun) A British slang for one’s clothes.
- Example: Steve Jobs’ clobber is only back shirts or turtlenecks.
- (Noun) Another British slang that refers to a tuxedo.
- Example: Caspian’s dinner jacket looks so expensive. How could he afford it?
- (Noun) A hip way of calling clothes.
- Example: Carlo keeps a few duds in his grandpa’s house in case he needs to stay there.
- (Noun) This a GenZ slang that shortens “outfit” into just “fit”.
- Example: The exercise fit looks great on Lexi. It highlights her body curves.
- (Noun) A certain way of dressing especially among a distinct niche of people.
- Example: A soldier’s garb looks great on Mike for their school’s “Job Appreciation Day”.
- (Noun) A millennial slang for the way an outfit is styled or paired.
- Example: The main highlight of Amy’s getup is her diamond necklace.
- (Noun) A play on words by putting “gray” and “outfit” together. A groutfit is an all gray ensemble.
- Example: You’ll know if Jethro is going for an exercise if he’s wearing his signature groutfit.
- (Noun) Fashionable and high-cost clothes produced by high-end clothing houses.
- Example: Those who dictate the trends of haute couture are fashion executives and fashion specialists.
- (Noun) An Australian slang for a sweater or long-sleeved shirt.
- Example: Monica and I have the same red jumper.
- (Noun) A millennial slang that stands for “Outfit of the Day”.
- Example: Scott’s OOTD is a classic black leather jacket over a white shirt and tight-fitting pants.
- (Noun) A conversational Canadian slang for shoes.
- Example: No one could guess that Emmett’s runners were not store-bought but made especially for him by his grandfather.
- (Noun) An informal way of referring to clothing with insulting undertones.
- Example: Cassandra defends that what she wears is a dress while what Bella has is a pile of scrap schmutter.