Pizza is everyone's go-to food. No dinner? Order one. Got a big game coming up? Stack pizzas one after the other. Breakup? It's got you covered. No matter the vibe and drink, pizzas blend well for your palate. You can add not just extra cheese and pepperoni to your pizza but also new slang to top your pizzas off.
Slang Words for Pizza (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) The dramatic stretching of cheese as seen in pizza advertisements.
- Example: The long cheese pull made in the ad had Jamie order their special pizza.
- (Noun) This stands for “cheese pizza”.
- Example: Kevin asked for a plain CP yet he got two of them.
- (Noun) A culinary slang for needing a new pizza fast because the first one came out faulty.
- Example: The chef called out fly pie and the sous chefs scrambled for ingredients to make a new pizza.
- (Noun) Based on how oily pizzas can get, “greasy wheel” is a slang word for pizza.
- Example: The siblings had greasy wheels for lunch to celebrate.
- (Noun) The charred parts of a pizza that do not have to be bitter when well-made.
- Example: Despite plenty of leopard spotting, the pizza had more of a smoky flavor than the expected bitter after-taste.
- (Noun) A slang and shortened word for “mozzarella” cheese.
- Example: The waitress noted extra mutz for the couple’s order.
- (Adjective) Based on an American president who formerly lived in the White House, an “Obama” is a pizza eaten inside the pizza house or store.
- Example: There were a lot of pizzas on Obama that night in the restaurant. Everyone enjoyed dining in at the new pizza place.
- (Noun) A degrading slang for someone who grew a lot of pimples on their face.
- Example: Emily wanted to skip junior year altogether because of her pizza face.
- (Noun) A professional pizza maker.
- Example: The pizzaiolo introduced new flavors for their restaurant's 10th year anniversary.
- (Noun) A place that makes and sells pizza.
- Example: The pizzeria got a lot of attention on social media for its large-sized pizzas.
- (Noun) A slice or an entire box of pizza taken for the road.
- Example: The truck driver took 2 roadies from the pepperoni-flavored pizza box.
- (Noun) The sensation of having one’s roof of the mouth burned because of the heat of the pizza.
- Example: Uncle Greg told us to blow on our freshly-served pizzas a few times to avoid roof burns.
- (Noun) A pizza eaten outside of the pizzeria or pizza place.
- Example: The parents ordered pizza for takeout so they can eat it at the park with their children.
- (Adjective) A pizza cut in uneven slices: some are bigger (papa bear and mama bear cuts) and some are smaller (baby bear cuts).
- Example: The boys’ eldest brother requested for a three-bears style pizza.
- (Noun) A conversational and shortened slang for pizza.
- Example: Trevor and Christine brought boxes of za to the treehouse.