Here are some words that are used to refer to prostitutes or the sex industry in general. Note that many of these words are considered vulgar and are not to be used lightly.
Slang Words for Prostitutes(in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) A British slang for someone, mostly a lady, who runs a brothel or bordello. It can also be used for a lady who takes money or valuables for sex.
- Example: Danny was so lonely that he eventually had a one-sided relationship with a bawd he met one night.
- (Noun) Starting from the 1920s, a call girl or call boy is someone whom you make appointments, usually of the sexual kind, via call. Nowadays, it is a general term for prostitutes and sex workers.
- Example: The old man living next door secretly has call girls coming to his house every weekend.
- (Noun) A brothel, bordello, massage parlor, or any building that provides sexual services.
- Example: That spa looks legit but anyone who's been there in the middle of the night knows it's just a cathouse.
- (Noun) A professional way of saying someone who pays for sexual favors.
- Example: Doris has so many clients because she knows what the men want.
- (Noun) A French or Dutch oven or cooking equipment that was also used to say “sweetie” or “darling.” It slowly became associated with prostitution or prostitutes around the 1900s.
- Example: Coccettes are often victims of poverty and abuse, so don't be so judgmental.
- (Noun) Date is the sexual transaction, activity, or relationship a customer avails from a prostitute, whether male or female.
- Example: Sonny ended up getting a date from the street.
- (Noun) Originally a French term, drab was dirty and yellowish cloth. It became a derogatory slang word for women engaged in prostitution as they were seen as nasty, dull, and soiled. Extremely derogatory and politically incorrect.
- Example: You stop saying drab, that term is offensive and ignorant.
- (Noun) A prostitute that doesn’t work in a brothel or on the streets. Usually, someone who is of high class and expensive.
- Example: Playboy billionaires secretly hire escorts all the time.
- (Noun) A euphemistic slang for sexual activity or the prostitution industry.
- Example: She has been in the game since 2010. She started out young and is now one of the veterans.
- (Noun) An English term that is used to refer to a male dancing partner. It eventually became synonymous with young males getting paid by older rich women for a sexual and romantic relationship.
- Example: Ernie might say he’s not a gigolo but we all know where all his money comes from.
- (Noun) A service where prostitutes try give their customers the feeling of having a legitimate partner or girlfriend.
- Example: A girlfriend experience is more expensive because you're not just paying for sex, there's also the romantic element involved.
- (Noun) Track means a place where prostitutes gather. The high track refers to a well-known track where high-quality service and prostitutes are found.
- Example: Ever since the divorce happened, Trent has been roaming around high tracks to enjoy his bachelor life.
- (Noun) A shortened version of whore. Hoe is used as an offensive term for promiscuous women and prostitutes.
- Example: That hoe is the one my husband has been seeing? I’m gonna give her a piece of my mind.
- (Noun) A female prostitute.
- Example: Hiring hookers is a terrible way to spend your hard-earned money.
- (Noun) Another euphemism for prostitute, referring to the economic motivation of the services they offer.
- Example: My cousin is a hustler at night. Her parents were terrible and now she trying to be independent.
- (Noun) A general slang word for customers or people who want to pay for sex.
- Example: There was this particular alley back home where Johns would line up just to have some fun.
Lady/Man Of The Night
- (Noun) A prostitute. Since prostitutes go out at night to get customers, they became known as ladies/men of the night.
- Example: He thought he was partying with some random girls but he didn't know they were what one would call "ladies of the night."
- (Noun) This innocently means a crossing guard but it has been used for prostitutes. Specifically, a woman who engages in prostitution irregularly to pay for her bills and the like.
- Example: The current CEO of the company was once a lollipop girl who had to resort to unconventional means for cash.
- (Noun) A prostitute that frequents trucker stops and parking lots for money.
- Example: There was this documentary about the life of a lot lizard.
- (Noun) The opposite of High Track. A place where there are prostitutes of a lower class.
- Example: If you don’t have the money, go to a low track. It might not be the best but it’s the only choice you have.
- (Noun) Slang for someone who manages a bordello.
- Example: Aunt Ruth is a madame in Sweden. She is now modestly rich with many people working for her.
Me Love You Long Time
- (Noun) A reference to the Kubrick film “Fullmetal Jacket.” This phrase means that a prostitute will have a lengthy sexual activity with you.
- Example: “Me love you long time, ” the lady at the casino said jokingly. We smiled and left, because we were not interested.
- (Noun) A very straightforward slang for prostitutes since they stroll or walk around looking for customers during the night.
- Example: We grew up in a bad neighborhood with night walkers on every corner of the street.
- (Noun) Another euphemism for prostitutes since they earn lots of cash during the night, hence the term “nighttime accountant.”
- Example: Travis is a nighttime accountant, that’s how he can afford all this stuff.
- (Noun) Pimp used to mean “cool” or “hip” but in today’s language, a pimp is someone who manages prostitutes and is often dressed in bling.
- Example: Jack is a harsh pimp. He overworks and berates them in front of clients.
- (Noun) In the lingo of prostitutes, this is the female sexual organ or the vagina.
- Example: I can't understand why people would use words like "poon," just call it for what it is.
- (Noun) A play on the frosty popsicle and prostitute. Prosty is a somewhat lighter and more innocent way of saying prostitute.
- Example: The film portrayed the struggles of prosties as they try to survive in this dark world.
- (Noun) A UK slang for customers of prostitutes similar to Johns.
- Example: Ever since the tighter security and laws, you can't find so many punters in this area anymore.
- (Noun) Rentboy is a male prostitute.
- Example: Jasper was once a rentboy in his youth. He turned things around and is now a manager at a bank.
- (Noun) Similar to night walker. Street walker is another direct slang for prostitutes who roam the streets.
- Example: I don't feel safe walking alone at night with so many street walkers offering their services.
- (Noun) Stroll is similar to track and just means a place, usually the streets or alleys, where sex workers are found.
- Example: Police often visit strolls to get street information.
- (Noun) The sexual act performed by a prostitute for financial or material gain.
- Example: She has regulars because she has an amazing bag of tricks to satisfy them.
- (Noun) An Old English term that means someone who has many sexual relationships or someone who is a prostitute.
- Example: Brenda was once called a trollop because she needed money and tried to do everything she could to earn.
- (Noun) This means that the sexual favor is done and money has been handed to the prostitute.
- Example: We quickly finished and turned him before anybody could see.
- (Noun) A more subtle slang phrase for prostitutes. This denotes that prostitutes are working but not specifies what kind of work they are doing. It can also be used for non-sexual ladies who are doing an occupation.
- Example: Trinity is a working girl flirting with the rich guys at the bar. She does this for her mom who is sick.