Quality, along with quantity, is a major deal maker or breaker. While the latter asks how much, the former asks how good. Quality assesses the truth out of a person, place, object, or situation. Put your best foot forward when you use the following slang for "quality".
Slang Words for Quality (in Alphabetical Order)
(Adjective) An Australian slang for anything with bad quality.
Example: The bodgy truck stopped running in the middle of nowhere.
(Adjective) Based on the soldiers who withstood the challenges of Dunkirk in World War II, “Dunkirk spirit” is a British slang that represents the Brits’ qualities of perseverance and refusal to be defeated.
Example: Even if her stepmother made her do so much chores, Cindy still showed Dunkirk spirit through it all.
- (Noun) Quality derived from its purpose.
- Example: The essence of face-to-face classes is lost in the advent of online learning.
- (Noun) A feature or quality given focus.
- Example: All facets of the research were assessed objectively by the panel.
- (Noun) To show quality by demonstrating proficiency.
- Example: Arina’s finesse in gymnastics was honed at a young age.
- (Adjective) A high quality object or place.
- Example: The first-rate furniture was made by a celebrity designer.
- (Noun) The distinct quality or feature.
- Example: Diligence is the hallmark of success.
- (Noun) A peculiar and personalizing quality.
- Example: The idiosyncrasy of computers enabled us to study and work at home.
- (Noun) A desirable personal quality of doing what your heart tells you to do.
- Example: Gabriel has such a strong moral fiber that he would not cheat in any test.
Pick of the Litter
- (Idiom) To have more quality than the rest of the competition.
- Example: Wayne’s grades were the pick of the litter that it earned him scholarships.
- (Adjective) A British slang that combines beauty and luxury together.
- Example: The restaurant is far from posh but Drake still liked it.
- (Noun) Spending undivided time and attention to friends and family.
- Example: The squad’s quality time was to watch movies, eat noodles, and play monopoly together.
- (Adjective) Top shelves are the best products placed above any surface so they can be easily seen and sold.
- Example: You can’t haggle the price of top shelf products because everyone knows their quality.
- (Adjective) A product whose brand name, distinct origin, or careful manufacturing process is so exclusive that only a single or few companies are producing it.
- Example: The quality of trademark watches make them long-lasting.
- (Noun) The millennial slang for the “feels” or overall quality of any person or thing.
- Example: The restaurant has that cozy vibe. Tim and his wife will surely go back there.