The need to belong is one of the fundamental human needs. To find a squad that matches you, accepts your quirks, opens doors, and fights by your side is absolutely an answered prayer. Identify with your group with the following slang words for squad.
Slang Words for Squad (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Adjective) A basketball slang for teams with the most famous and most valuable players or members.
- Example: The all-stars game will be happening this December. The fans are so excited for the face-off.
- (Noun) A group of acquainted people with similar characteristics.
- Example: Sunny is the prettiest among the neighborhood bunch.
- (Noun) A group of people within the same team or field of practice. This often refers to film and TV production teams, dance groups, etc.
- Example: Monica’s dance crew will be competing for the Nationals this fall.
- (Noun) A new team consisting of the best players from other teams.
- Example: Terry will complete their dream team for the Debate Championship. Even if he’s a mediocre speaker, he thinks quickly on his feet.
- (Noun) A noisy crowd of friends.
- Example: The gaggle of mean girls practically announces to everyone in the corridor about their latest nail color, exes, or even breakfast menu.
- (Noun) A group associated with violence and crimes.
- Example: Harvey’s gang engages in street fights every week.
- (Noun) A brilliant group of people who can accomplish what others can’t.
- Example: The stressed out mother called in the hit squad of premier tutors for her lazy son.
- (Noun) A street slang for friends who live around the same area.
- Example: Demi, Tyler and I are homies. We go way back to our playgrounds in Queens.
- (Noun) A tight-knit circle of friends who usually favor each other more than the rest.
- Example: Jonas’ inner circle consists of his high school buddies.
- (Noun) A British slang for a huge crowd of people with similar goals and priorities.
- Example: A posse of car aficionados are looking forward to the development of self-driving cars.
- (Noun) A pictorial listing of significant people. This was originally used in the 1900s by police departments to keep track of their criminals or prisoners.
- Example: The biggest hallway in the building keeps a rogue’s gallery of the company’s presidents.
- (Noun) The official car used by police squads on patrols or during an operation.
- Example: The police chief requested a new squad car after the first one got smashed.
- (Expression) A social media expression for a picture-perfect friendship.
- Example: The Beatles were squad goals. They were the closest of friends who pursued music together.
- (Noun) A police squad with designated functions.
- Example: Charles led the task force for traffic management.
- (Noun) A group of persons or things tasked to attack.
- Example: The wolf pack of fighter jets are on standby.