Underwear protects our sensitive areas for hygienic purposes. Over the years, people have been more open to showing more skin and thus underwear have moved on to more stylistic designs. Perk up your ears with the following terms for underwear come up during conversations.
Slang Words for Underwear (in Alphabetical Order)
All Fur Coat and No Knickers
- (Expression) A degrading expression for someone who presents themselves as somebody they’re not.
- Example: Let Padgett pretends to be rich and important like her friends. But everyone knows it’s all fur coat and no knickers when it comes to her.
- (Noun) Male underwear that looks like common shorts but thinner.
- Example: Dustin’s boxers was found in Abby’s room. Somethings must be going on between them.
- (Noun) A general Canadian slang for underwear.
- Example: Tracy hangs her ginch in the bathroom to dry it.
- (Verb) To not to wear underwear especially during sleep. This expression was taken from the military to mean that under the commander’s orders, soldiers are expected to report right away with or without underwear.
- Example: We were roommates for two years, so I should know that he goes commando to bed.
- (Noun) A British slang word for a woman's undergarments.
- Example: Cassie saw that her sister’s knickers needed sewing so she did it herself.
Knickers in a Knot
- (Expression) A saddening and unwanted situation.
- Example: My kid’s teacher asking me to go to school everyday for bullying cases is tying knickers in a knot without.
- (Noun) An underwear set of bra and undies for the ladies.
- Example: Dana’s lingerie can be seen through her blouse.
- (Noun) A underwear for the gentlemen that looks like an extended boxer or a thin jogging pants.
- Example: Dustin does not like wearing long johns on camping trips. It makes him feel more humid.
- (Noun) A shortened form for “nipple slip”, this happens because the bra used was not secured enough.
- Example: Miley Cyrus may have nip slips before but I like how she's very confident when performing onstage.
- (Noun) An Australian slang for men’s underwear.
- Example: Tina packed her husband several reg grundies on his 3-day trip to Ausralia.
- (Noun) A matching underlayer of long johns and undershirt.
- Example: He's a proper gentleman, always wearing skivvies under a suit.
- (Noun) A catchy term usually for white briefs.
- Example: Because Hans was too focused in the game, he did not have the time to take care of his tighty whities
- (Noun) Another Australian word for any lingerie.
- Example: Underdaks should be kept clean and safe for them to be sanitary.
- (Noun) A brief, conversational word for underwear used throughout the world.
- Example: Rachel only buys and wears undies from reputable brands.
- (Noun) A humorous British way to mention underwear.
- Example: Always keep a pair of unmentionables in the family member’s house you are usually at.