One of the ironies of life is that while the young wish they were a little older, older people wish the opposite. We all wish we were young enough to start new projects, learn new skills, and literally have the rest of our lives ahead of us. Below are other slang terms to refer to this celebrated phase of life.
Slang Words for Young (in Alphabetical Order)
- (Noun) A development phase in between childhood and adulthood.
- Example: As adolescents, high school students need specialized education that makes them understand their physical aspects and navigate their social relationships.
- (Adjective) To describe someone having more desirable qualities in their life especially when young.
- Example: She is the youngest professor in the university and her blossoming career is everything she could hope for.
- (Adjective) Having generally positive qualities of a child in an adult
- Example: Having childlike features such as an unblemished and plush face is the promise of a lot of skin care products in the market.
- (Adverb) Done at or before the usual or expected time that exceeds expectations for one’s age.
- Example: You are too early to take advanced physics classes, Sheldon.
- (Noun) The slang term for someone who recently just got in a niche group/people.
- Example: The popular actor admits that when he was a fledgling in the industry, he didn't really care about the roles he would take.
- (Adjective) This is a term used to describe one’s capacity for growth and development..
- Example: In Japan, the growing minds of grade school learners are cultivated first with values and responsibilities over academics.
- (Adjective) Refers to someone’s counterpart at an inferior level (typically used in a school or in corporate setting.)
- Example: Terry was my junior in college so when we found each other in the corporate world again, we naturally bonded.
- (Adjective) This is associated with establishments or services for young people.
- Example: The juvenile detention center takes in young people with disruptive and destructive community behaviors.
- (Adjective) Showing one’s youth in relation to their height or birth order.
- Example: These two boys must be your little brothers since they are cute as buttons.
- (Noun) A phase of peak performance and characteristics.
- Example: He must make the best out of his prime years instead of wasting them on useless habits.
- (Expression) Short for more of the same, referencing that something is boringly just the same or without any changes
- (Adjective) Relating to young persons at their stage of puberty.
- Example: The class of pubescent middle schoolers were divided by sexes to take the separate sex ed classes.
- (Noun) This slang makes use of the spring season to represent one’s youth.
- Example: Her spring days are filled with warmth from family and friends. These are her treasured moments as she goes on in life.
- (Noun) This slang hinges on the “teen” suffix for ages thirteen to nineteen showing peak youth and vitality
- Example: Teenagers used to deliver morning papers, wait tables, and take more rudimentary jobs to earn money.
- (Noun) Group members that are younger than the rest.
- Example: Despite being 30 years old, the congressman is the young blood of his political party.
- (Noun) Depicts young people generally or as a group
- Example: The youth may not look like much but they are dictating the way of the future.