Are you curious about what 3 means in texting? We will answer that question for you. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does 3 Mean in Texting?
While the number 3 might not seem like it has any special meaning, it all depends on what sign you put before it. In texting, there are two main ways to use the number 3, first, you can put <, or the less-than-sign, to create a heart <3. This is a sign of affection towards someone, not always romantic.
The second thing you can do is put a colon, to get :3, a cute, goofy face or a coy smile. This is commonly used by younger people while texting.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- </3 – a broken heart
- =3 – a different goofy face
- 33 – kiss kiss
Examples of 3 in Text Slang
- Melissa – Thanks for last night, you’re the best.
- Jamie – No problem <3
- Tim – Hey, I saw you at the mall, were you shopping for a present for my birthday?
- Andrea – That’s a secret! :3
- Jimmy – You can copy my homework dude, not a problem.
- Lucas – Thanks man, you’re the best <3