Do you want to know what 4 means in texting? That’s easy, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does 4 Mean in Texting?
In texting, people generally use 4 as a replacement for the word “for”. It is just a cooler way of spelling it, popularized largely by hip-hop music and its slang.
You can even use it to replace “for” in parts of longer words. For example, you can write “forever” as “4ever”. It’s simple.
Of course, 4 is often used in its regular meaning, as a number.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- The letter A
Examples of 4 in Text Slang
- Brie – I love you!
- Tony – Love you too, I want to be with you 4ever!
- Nick – Are you ready 4 your exam?
- Michael – Yeah, I studied all night.
- Linda – What were you doing at the club last night?
- Homer – I was waiting 4 Charlie to say hi to this girl.