Maybe you’ve come across a 4x game once or twice but had no idea what it was back then. So, we’ll help you understand the meaning of 4x and why it is always talked about in the gaming communities.
What does 4x Mean in Gaming?
4x is an abbreviation for “Explore, Expand, Exploit, and Exterminate.” 4x is a sub-genre of strategy-based games, whether it is an online game or a board game. 4x games’ number one goal is to build a world where you can dominate.
4x in the gaming world only means “Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterminate.”
Examples of 4x in Gaming Slang
- Geoffe – Let’s try this new 4x game.
- Hank – Sure! I always love to play 4x games.
- Ian – Nice empire there.
- James – Yeah, at least in 4x games, I can rule. lol
- Mike – Plenty of things to do when you play 4x.
- Owen – I know. That’s why I.m not really a fan.