So, you’re curious about what a black heart means in texting? We have the answer you’re looking for, so keep reading! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does a Black Heart Mean in Texting?
A black heart emoticon (????) in texting usually means emptiness or a lack of emotion. Sometimes, people that have a dark sense of humor will use it after a particularly dark joke. In general, it is used when talking about sad, depressing things, or when you want to seem emotionless.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Love for sad things
- Feeling misunderstood
- Embarrassing love
Examples of a Black Heart in Text Slang
- Emma – I was walking down the street earlier and I saw a dead cat, so cool! ????
- Joseph – OMG that’s gross, you’re weird.
- Sam – Maybe I shouldn’t have made that joke about his ex-wife and her new lover haha ????
- Elliott – Definitely dude, your sense of humor is something else.
- Elijah – I feel awful today…
Perry – Me too, I’m super depressed and just want to stay in bed all day ????