What are tiers and why are gamers investing time and effort, and sometimes, money, into them? If you are new to the gaming world, you might get confused as to why gamers do this. Therefore, we have the meaning of tier for you!
What does a Tier Mean in Gaming?
A tier is a segment of the game wherein gamers are ranked based on their skills and experience. The higher your tier is, the better you are. Therefore, most gamers often play to reach the highest tier and be named the best gamer of the game.
In the gaming world, tier does not have other meanings.
Examples of a Tier in Gaming Slang
- Hank – Nice! I ranked up to another tier.
- Jaymie – Wish I could say the same. I haven’t been playing!
- Levi – I wanna reach the highest tier here.
- Jam – Well, who doesn’t, right? But only the best of the best can do that.
- Roland – Why are you still playing?
- Miguel – I’m trying to reach another tier before school starts.