Wondering what AFK means in texting? That’s easy, in this article we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does AFK Mean in Texting?
AFK is an acronym for “away from keyboard”. It is a phrase that originated in online gaming and means that someone is inactive. They had to leave and step away from the keyboard. Nowadays, it is also used when you need to stop texting.
By using an acronym you are saving time and it is simply more convenient than writing the entire sentence. Younger people often use acronyms because of convenience.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Astronomy For Kids
- A Free Kickd
- Away From Kitchen
Examples of AFK in Text Slang
- Emily – It’s dinner time, gotta go AFK for a few minutes!
- Jason – Alright, talk to you later.
- Ross – Can we talk about what happened today?
- Monica – Sure, but I’m going AFK in 20 minutes so you need to be fast!
- Rachel – Jackie went AFK in the middle of our game and we lost!
- Bryan – Oh wow, I hate it when that happens!