Are you wondering what AS means in texting? No worries, we’ll give you that answer.. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does AS Mean in Texting?
AS is an acronym for “apeshit”. It has gained some popularity in recent times, although it is not as commonly used as some other acronyms. This one might have been popularized by a song called “Ape shit” by Beyoncé and Jay Z. The term “apeshit” means that you’re going crazy, basically raging over something.
Your rage resembles an angry ape more than a human, hence the phrase was coined.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- A descriptive superlative can be used as a simile with no comparison
- Can be used in any context with no specific meaning
Examples of AS in Text Slang
- Lucille – I heard the boss was screaming at you earlier today?
- Tina – Yeah, she was going AS…
- Juliet – Wait, did you make a scene at the bar last night?
- Robbie – Yeah, I went AS because they wanted me to pay for drinks I didn’t order.
- Julio – Yo, you were playing like crazy yesterday, I loved that dunk!
- Ken – Yeah man, I really went AS.