So, you want to know what at (@) means in texting? That’s easy, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does At (@) Mean in Texting?
In texting, at (@) is slang for a person’s social media handle. It can be typed as “at” or @. For example, someone can ask you what’s your at on Instagram. This is the nickname you are using on that app and you can give it to them if you want.
It is quite simple once you get used to it. The word “at” (@) can also refer to your location, but that is more of a general meaning that isn’t unique to texting.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- All That
Examples of At (@) in Text Slang
- Jack – I posted a bunch of pictures on my Insta this morning…
- Lisa – Oh, you have Instagram? What’s your @?
- Nina – Hey, can you give me your TikTok at?
- Carrie – Sure, it’s @carriebabe.
- Samantha – do you have Twitter? What’s your @?
- Barbara – Sorry, I only give my @ to close friends.