Are you wondering what ATD means in texting? That’s easy, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does ATD Mean in Texting?
ATD is an acronym for “agree to disagree”. It is a phrase you use in a conversation after a long discussion when it is clear that you and the other person will never agree on the subject. You simply conclude that you can agree about one thing – that you disagree, and end the discussion there.
It is a nice way of avoiding prolonged debates and arguments. When texting, ATD can really be your best friend and save you some trouble.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Actual Time of Departure
- Advanced Technology Demonstration
Examples of ATD in Text Slang
- Anthony – I think Nolan directed the best Batman movies!
- Mina – Well I don’t! ATD
- Oz – I feel like rock music has so much more substance than rap.
- Kelly – That can’t be any further from the truth! ATD
- Jamies – I don’t think comedies are good films, they’re fun but other than that not much.
- Clarence – I believe enjoyment is the most important when watching movies so… ATD