Are you wondering what BBS means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does BBS Mean in Texting?
BBS is an acronym for “be back soon”. It is a phrase we use when we want to let the other person know that we will return to the conversation short, but we have to leave. Or you might be talking about a different event where you need to be back soon.
Whichever the case may be, you can always shorten the phrase “be back soon” with BBS. That is the beauty of texting.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Bulletin board system
Examples of BBS in Text Slang
- Jackie – Wait, gotta go, but I’ll BBS!
- Bobby – Okay, I’m waiting.
- Carlie – Jack said he’ll BBS, but he’s still not home…
- Lucy – Oh, don’t worry, he’s probably talking to someone he met.
- Liam – So, we’re going to Jim’s birthday this Saturday?
- Chris – Yeah, I’ll need to leave the party around 11 PM, but I’ll BBS, no worries.