So, you’re wondering what BTW means in texting? No worries, we will answer that question right here in this article. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does BTW Mean in Texting?
BTW is an acronym for “by the way”. It is a really popular and common acronym used in texting that originated back during online forums in the 90s. People often shorten whichever phrase they can when texting, and this is definitely one of them. Expect to see BTW used often, and people generally use it when they have something extra to add to the conversation or want to change the topic.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Breath of the wild
- Be that way
- Balls to the wall
Examples of BTW in Text Slang
- John – Oh, BTW, don’t forget about our other arrangement with Lucille!
- Kelly – No worries, I won’t!
- Tion – Alright, so I just need to finish up checking these documents and that’s it, right?
- Raye – Yup. BTW, did you send the email to our community manager?
- Luca – I really enjoy watching Seinfeld, I think it’s such an amazing show.
- Matt – I agree. BTW, did you watch Curb Your Enthusiasm? It’s by Larry David, who also co-wrote Seinfeld.