Do you want to know what “def” means in texting? Alright, in this article we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Def Mean in Texting?
Def is an abbreviation of the word “definitely”. It is just a shorter way of saying it, or should we say typing it in texts. Some people would even say that it is cooler to write “def” than “definitely”.
People also use this word in everyday speech, so it is not limited to just texting.
By shortening the word, you make it easier for yourself to type, meaning you can reply to texts in busy situations. By using “def”, you can easily agree to something without needing to type an entire paragraph.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Great, excellent, nice
Examples of Def in Text Slang
- Jackie – So we are going to the party tonight?
- Luke – Def, I’ll let you know when I’ll pick you up.
- Michael – So you agree with me that the new Batman movie is great?
- Emma – Def, I loved it.
- Randy – Are we good for tomorrow? See you at 8 AM?
- Kelly – Def, I’ll see you there.