Are you seeing the term “dev” everywhere in the gaming world? If you wish to know what “dev” means, you could check out the definition of the term below. You could also find a few examples of how the term “dev” is used.
What does Dev Mean in Gaming?
A dev or “developer” of a game is the one responsible for the creatives, programming, and problem-solving of an online game before it is released. Game developers are smart and work for years to develop a single game before launching it for everyone to enjoy.
Dev does not have alternative meanings.
Examples of Dev in Gaming Slang
- Kyle – I’m studying to be a game dev.
- Flint – That’s nice, man!
- Mason – This game’s dev must be so smart!
- Lennon – I agree. That’s why this game is totally worth the buy!
- Rayver – Are you a game dev?
- Troy – Yes I am. I actually developed the game you’re playing now.