Wondering what “dry” means in texting? Alright, we have the answer for you! Just read this article and you will get it. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Dry Mean in Texting?
In texting, when someone describes your texting as dry, it means that your replies were uninterested and the conversation lacked substance.
Usually, when someone gives short and non-engaging replies, they are being dry.
So, the next time someone tells you you are dry, maybe you should try harder with your messages.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- No alcohol at a party
- Stupid joke
- Never hooked up with someone (or hasn’t done it in a while)
Examples of Dry in Text Slang
- Tim – Wow, why are you being so dry?.
- Ryan – Sorry, not in the mood.
- Michelle – I’m bored.
- Kelly – Wow, this conversation is super dry.
- Geri – So, I got the tickets, we’re meeting at 8, first, we’ll grab something to eat, then we are going to the venue. Is that cool?
- Emma – Yea, sure.
- Geri – Wow, this is a dry conversation. How about some feedback?