Wondering what “dupe” means in texting? That’s easy, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Dupe Mean in Texting?
In texting, “dupe” is an abbreviation for the word “duplicate”. You can use it instead of that word in any context. The plural of “dupe” is “dupes”. This slang word is quite common nowadays.
It is really convenient to use and it makes texting super easy. Instead of writing a long word such as “duplicate”, simply write “dupe” instead.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- (verb) to trick someone
Examples of Dupe in Text Slang
- Ken – Did you send me those pictures?
- Roger – not yet, there were a lot of dupes I needed to delete.
- Amy – I was looking forward to getting my dad’s sports card collection, but there are too many dupes!.
- Nicholas – Damn, that sucks.
- Anthony – Did you finish writing all of those articles?
- Ryan – Yeah, but a lot were dupes so I skipped them.