Are you curious about what etc. means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Etc Mean in Texting?
In texting, “etc.” stands for “Et Cetera”. But what does it mean? It is an abbreviation you use at the end of a sentence where you are listing examples of something, but can’t think of any more examples, or the list is too long already.
Let’s say you were listing, names for baby boys, you would type something like “Bobby, Tony, Joey, etc.”. The “etc.” at the end means the list goes on with similar names. There, simple, right?
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Educate The Children
- Electronic Toll Collection
Examples of Etc in Text Slang
- Bia – What type of music do you listen to?
- Tony – Oh all types, rock, rap, r&b, etc.
- Clark – What are your favorite animals?
- Lucille – I like cats, dogs, horses, etc.
- Tina – What are your favorite movie genres?
- Roseanne – I love a lot of genres, mostly thrillers, action movies, adventure movies, horrors, etc.