If you are curious to know what FPS means but are too shy to ask fellow gamers, you can count on us! We have the definition of FPS below and a few sample sentences for you to know how it’s used in a sentence.
What does FPS Mean in Gaming?
FPS means “Frames Per Second.” The rate of your frame determines how smooth a game will go on your screen. The more frames your screen can pack in a second, the smoother your game flow is. 30 FPS or lower can be considered choppy.
- FPS does not have any other meaning.
Examples of FPS in Gaming Slang
- Dale – Nice game flow. What’s your FPS?
- James – Around 75, I guess.
- Coby – You need a higher FPS rate for your game to turn out good.
- Paul – I know. How do I do that?
- Harry – Change your FPS so we can have a smoother play.
- Blake – Okay, but I don’t know how to do that. Can you do that?