Wondering what FTW means in texting? Alright, since you’re here, we might as well answer that for you. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does FTW Mean in Texting?
FTW is an acronym for “for the win”. It’s an enthusiastic way to show your support for something or someone you are talking about. It is usually placed at the end of a message. For example, if you like pizza, you may say “pizza FTW!”. This acronym originated among gamers and spread out from there. It is also sometimes used in a sarcastic way.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- F*ck The World
- Free The Whales
- F*ck The What
Examples of FTW in Text Slang
- Mick – Oh man, I went to see the new Batman movie, it’s awesome. Batman FTW!
- Gene – Can’t wait to watch it myself.
- Elias – Hey, do you like eating lasagna? I was thinking of making it this weekend.
- Harry – Yes! Lasagna FTW!
- Mike – So, what type of music do you listen to?
- Gia – Mostly old-school hip-hop. 90s FTW!